Children are admitted to school at the beginning of the school year (September - August) in which they are 5. The online application process opens on 10th September and closes on 15th January. Parents are advised if they have been successful in securing a place on 19th April.
PAN for Farcet (Pupil Admission Number)
The PAN which has been determined for Farcet is 20. This is the number of pupils that can be accepted for the Reception class unless Cambridgeshire Admissions determine otherwise, usually following an appeal.
The criteria are listed in order of priority.
- Children who have a statement of special educational need which names the school. Where the statement does not name the school the STAR Team will determine an appropriate place.
- Children in local authority care - also known as 'Looked After' children and children who were looked after but ceased to be by reason of adoption, a resident order or special guardianship order.
- Children living in the catchment area with a sibling at the school at the time of admission.
- Children living in the catchment area.
- Children living outside the catchment area with a sibling at school at the time of admission.
- Children living outside the catchment area who have been unable to gain a place at their catchment school be because of over subscription.
- Children who live outside the catchment area but live closest to the school as measured by a straight line.
In cases of equal merit in each set of criteria, the priority will go to children living nearest the school as measured by a straight line. The distance, for admissions purposes, is measured using a straight line from the centre point of the home to the centre point of the school as determined by the National Property and Land Gazetter (NPLG). These distances are produced by the LA (Local Authority) Admissions Team for the school. For families living outside the catchment area covered by the Cambs mapping system, distances are determined using a combination of local maps and on-line resources.
Cambridgeshire County Council - Admissions Department or phone 0345 0451370.
September 2022 Foundation Stage Intake
Please refer to the Cambridgeshire County Council School Admissions website for detailed information on the application process.
Where parents/carers are unsuccessful in securing a place at our school, please click HERE for information and guidance for the Appeals process.
In Year Applications
Please refer to the Cambridgeshire County Council School In-Year Admissions Guide for detailed information on the transfer process. You can download an in-year application form HERE.